The National Hurricane Center is always evolving and trying to issue the best products that communicate their message to the public.
Some products that we used during Hurricane Matthew become “operational” this year — as well as some new products for 2017.
Here are the highlights:
– The Storm Surge Watch/Warning becoming operational
– The issuance of watches, warnings and advisories for potential tropical cyclones (huge for in-close development!)
– An experimental Time of Arrival of Tropical-Storm-Force Winds graphic
– Updated look of the tropical cyclone advisory graphical products
– Annual update to the track forecast error cone (smaller due to forecast improvements)
You can read the full release on the 2017 products here: NEW NHC Products for 2017.