2013 has come to an end. Thus, let’s take a look at how we did “weather-wise” at Columbia Metro. Airport.
- Average High: 75.5°F (+0.1°F)
- Average Low: 54.2°F (+2.6°F)
- Average Temperature: 64.9°F (+0.9°F) Tied – 9th Warmest (via SERCC)
- Measured: 55.47″ (+10.88″) 11th Wettest (via SERCC)
- Last year: 42.76″
- Trace of snow observed November 13th & February 16th.
- Average snowfall at CAE throughout a year: 1.5″
- Ended drought on April 24th. (Last time – June 2010)
- Tropical Storm Andrea passed over the eastern half of the South Carolina June 6-7.
- Highest temperature: 96°F (Various dates June/August)
- Lowest temperature: 22°F (November 25, February 2)
- Highest daily rainfall: 4.38″ (August 16th)
- 5th wettest summer on record.
- No 100°F days reported in the entire state of South Carolina May-October. (First time since 1973)
Will update when other notable stats are released.
(Data via National Weather Service, S.C. Climate Office, & Southeast Regional Climate Center)